Monday, October 10, 2011

Drilling machine

Yesterday morning i decided to go down the animal shelter and do so some volunteer work, see the little things there. i have always loved dogs and cats and the new ones i get to see at shelter but some ow i never run out of love for any one of them at any point of time.
after spend an hour there while leaving i saw this little 25 days old kitten inside the box sleeping with another b;ack kitten of the same age.
At first i wasnt sure whether it was an empty box or am i hallucinating, but after inquiry it was confirmed that there were tiny little kitten who had a third sister but got adopted.
Out of these 2 one he picked up was alive and the other was found breathless hence a good bye.
I held the one which survived and while playing with i randomly asked the procedure for adoption, within the next half hour she was mine.
I adopted a baby kitten.
I was so happy, and she wuld continue to meow at me at all times.. i got her back to my cousins, who also loves his pets and would do anything for them..  and so we both began to obsess over the little thing.
The next 2 hour with her were amazing, she did what cats would do when they feel love , she slept on me she played with me , my lil cousin , me and baby kitten had a ball.
Then came the announcement of the adoption, i was lying on the sofa  while Zaara ( yes thats what we named her ) had snuggled next to my neck under my hair and she slept of there..
Entry by person 1 , person 2 , person 3 , person 4  , person 5 and mom and no one seemed to notice the coiled up animal on my neck. Moat of them thought that was my hair,
My lil cousin and i coudnt stop gigling at the sight of  all this.
Like how could yo not see it. ut i cant blame em , Zaara = tiny.
And so i took out zaara from the neck and showed it to mom and my mom freaked out jumped and ran to the other end she coudnt figure what was it.
After much haa-hee and speculation , she got her name , Zaara.
She was a black kitten with grey/black eyes and she was beautiful.. Every one could see she would grow up to be a beautiful cat.
But thats where it stpped.. after my brothers left for work ,, i got a cal from one of em asking me to return tthe kitten and take a dog insteead, since it wud make more sense as we always planned foor a dog nt cat and it wud be more mother friendly etc and whole lot of convincing to return the kitty.
I tookk her because i thought maybe she needed me , she got no sisters or parents and its an awful feeling to be in. . so small she is.. and i wanted to be her family..
So i decided that i wnt return her fro sure but went back to the shelter in any case to see for the pup and to buy a nice house for zaara.
zaara pooped on me for the first time and the 2nd and the 3 rd . it felt just fine. :)
And then i saw something awfully sad,  a young boy( my age) his mother and their dog . The dog on the table and the both of them around it out side the vvet.
They had come down to say tier last good byes.. and the boy couldnt stop crying. It broke my heart to see him like tbecause i would have been howling if it was to be me in his shoes. The dog must have bbeen i pain and so they were brining him to peace by saying bye for good..
we ended up buying her home , with a pink bell on her door and my cousin with his efforts made it the most pretty house for a little black cat to have.
everything was great.. like zaara was sleeping on me when i got home and it was so darn amazing and i felt so connected to her.. i slept next to her while she was sleeping in her litle house.. i amde sure she was comfortbale.. and she seemed fine.. I went of to sleep and got up at 4:30 in the morning to give her some water .. she seemed fine and sleepy so put her ack to bed . The time when i got her from the shelter to the time she was with me. every time she would sleep i wud put my hand on her to check if she was breating.. i was rlly scared..
So next i woke up at 830 in the morning feeling i should probably check on her and make her sleep next to me in person or feed her.
I opened the door and saw her away from the teddy but in the middle if the her home and she wasnt moving. i checked her heart beat and it was gone.
i sat there , staring at the box. completely blank. just the way i am right now. blank, empty. blank, empty.
i sat there for 10 mins. rapped zaara in the cloth she was sleeping on. let her be there.
No one was awake at home then, i went out walked for few seconds and felt saying good bye was the thing to do.
Though from realizing that she had gone to the time i was burring the grave for her., i couldnt stop thinking as to why did this happen and what could have i done wrong that she simply left.
We spent the entire day together were she wuldnt stop purring and i am as blanka nd emotionless i can be .
I dug her grve put her there safely and wrapped her up and finished the business and got back home.
Took her house put in the my room and continued to follow my as normal as it was.

when i reached offic, my left arm wouldnt stop shaking and ever since i saw her like that i feel blank,empty and muted.





Zaara, i feel as if some one got a drilling machine and piered it through my heart. 
I cannot explain the feeling i am in but i fell in love with you the moment i saw you.
Rest in peace
Aju and i love you

No comments:

Post a Comment